(Fiction, 288 pp. 2012)
Having relocated from New York City to a cottage in Cape Cod, two men in a long-term relationship enlist a Brazilian Jewish immigrant to serve as a surrogate mother. Complications ensue as this character-driven novel sensitively and humorously explores gay marriage, Jewish identity and continuity, family dynamics, sexuality and fidelity.
- Discussion questions and review by Wayne Hoffman
- Review by Eric Liebetrau, Boston Globe, October 8, 2012
- Review by David-Matthew Barnes, Lambda Literary Review, November 4, 2012
- Michael Graves interviews Lowenthal
- Judy Bolton-Fasman interviews Lowenthal
- Essay by Michael Lowenthal, “Behind the scenes”