(Memoir, 224 pp. Hebrew, 2009; English translation, 2011)
This humorous and tender memoir about the acclaimed Israeli author’s grandmother and her obsession with cleanliness richly evokes the idealism and disappointments of the Eastern European Jews who came to Palestine in the 1920s.
- Review: Kirkus
- Review: Publishers Weekly
- Review by Emma Garman, Words Without Borders, 2011
- Review by Ariel Balter, New York Journal of Books, October 4, 2011.
- Review by Saguy Green, Ha’aretz, Dec. 5, 2009
- Review by Ranen Omer-Sherman, Forward, October 07, 2011
- Video: Lecture by Meier Shalev (50 min.)